I am a transplanted southerner, held captive in a Yankee territory. I have little to no clue what to do with my life. I like to read, cook and write really weird stories that may never see the light of day. I am working on that last but and hope to one day write a story worth publishing. In the mean time, I have the love and support of a lot of truly wonderful people who help me make it through the day.

Jul 8, 2009

more songs!

Remember when I said that each book/person/everything in my brian has a sound track? Well I wasn't lying, it's a prty in there :)

Driving home yesterday I heard one of my favorite songs, "The Best of You" by the Foo Fighters and it is THE perfect song for Kayleigh/Her as-yet-defined man

Kayliegh is an enigma, she runs a bar in the underground (litterally) of Dupont Circle and houses and mentors some of my more esoteric mutants. She is kind and motherly in a tough love kinda way, but that's about all anyone knows about her. She doesn't talk about her powers and is generally defined as "other" even though it is well known that she can sense and track other mutants in the vicinity, so no one comes to her town unannouced.

Her man is even worse, and I fear a long way off becuase of right now he is little more then a dark haired shadow that wanders in occasionally. I do know that they do rescue each other from very different threats, both internal and external and thier book should be an exciting one if I can get the words out of my head on on to the page :)

So enjoy the song and as a bonus here is another one that I love to rock out to: Bandages by Hot Hot Heat

0 comments: