I am a transplanted southerner, held captive in a Yankee territory. I have little to no clue what to do with my life. I like to read, cook and write really weird stories that may never see the light of day. I am working on that last but and hope to one day write a story worth publishing. In the mean time, I have the love and support of a lot of truly wonderful people who help me make it through the day.

Jul 1, 2009

Calla

Hello again oh invisible people who may or may not be lurking around :)

I have returned from vacation very relaxed only to go back to work and tie myself into physic knots *sigh* oh well. Today I would like to talk to you about one of my favorite things, music

I am a music-holic, I listen to anything and everything (except country) and always manage to find ways to connect the songs to my life or my stories. All of my characters have songs that remind me of them, all the stories have a soundtrack that sets the mood from the first meeting all the way to that final kiss soo I thought I would share a little something with you

Yesterday I was listening to one of my favorite artists Rufus Wainwright, his voice is unique and he writes and accompanies all his own songs. I love him, and one of his songs Pretty Things, is just perfect for my character of Calla, who you will meet in the second book.

Calla is a brat, a spoiled rotten little princess who never really wants to "do" anything with her life. She lives on her looks (and her parents money) and is pretty much the shallowest person you will ever meet. At least, that's exactly what she wants you to think. Calla is special to say the least and that leads to a lot of pretty unconventional issues in her life. So she hides behind the exterior of a spoiled rich girl that people want to see when they look at her to keep people away.

Pretty lonely life though :( However I have a plan in the works to throw her together with the one man that no one can lie to, and don't worry I'll tell you more about him another day. ;)

0 comments: