I am a transplanted southerner, held captive in a Yankee territory. I have little to no clue what to do with my life. I like to read, cook and write really weird stories that may never see the light of day. I am working on that last but and hope to one day write a story worth publishing. In the mean time, I have the love and support of a lot of truly wonderful people who help me make it through the day.

Feb 23, 2009

Beginings

Alright, I have been doing a lot of reading and even taking a few classes and the more I do the more sure I am about this:

I want to write

I am not sure that I want to make my living as a writer, but I am pretty sure that if I don't find a way to get these characters out of my head and in to the general populace, at least some of them will forcibly drill their way from my brain....they are a violent bunch I know, but what can you do.

Anyway, in all my reading and talking and dithering one thing keep coming out, if I want to write I need to write EVERY DAY, no matter what I have got to write and practice or my words are never going to see a page, much less a whole book. Kinda, a giant catch-22 right? Enter this blog, I need a place to practice and I need a place to get used to people at large being able to see what I write and judge it for themselves. So what is this going to be?

WELL.....essentially I will be writing, doing exercises designed to make me a better writer, research related to what I want to write and short stories and scenes meant to exercise and strengthen my creative muscles. Theoretically I will be doing this everyday...that is at least the intent, but I have never been good with resolutions so we will see how I do without adult supervision.

So welcome, and please bear with me. I know some of this is bound to suck and I doubt it will be terrible interesting to anyone but me and maybe a few nice friends who will at least pretend to be interested :D but I do appreciate criticism and would love to hear what others think!!

1 comments:

Hailey Edwards said...

Woot! I think I shall copy you and blog my writing progress. If there is any writing progress LOL