I am a transplanted southerner, held captive in a Yankee territory. I have little to no clue what to do with my life. I like to read, cook and write really weird stories that may never see the light of day. I am working on that last but and hope to one day write a story worth publishing. In the mean time, I have the love and support of a lot of truly wonderful people who help me make it through the day.

Feb 26, 2009

Word Association - Exercise # 3

The internet crapped out on me last night, so no post for yesterday...whoops! I will catch up later today!

Here is the exercise that I am going to be working on for the next few days, it's based on one of my favorite things: word association!! YAY!

Writing Exercise: Take a word: scary, weird, ugly, etc. And then tell what it looks like. What does scary look like? Weird? Ugly? Don't say the baby was ugly (and you know, we've all seen one ugly baby in our lifetimes), describe it. Don't say the man acted weird -- tell us how he acted. SHOW us him in action.

Word for today: Docile, brought to you by the lovely and talented Hailey Edwards. Anyone reading this should go read her first two books available at Liquid Silver Books, as they are fabulous and full of adventure and excitement! Also she is the only author I have ever heard of to write about Phoenixes, one of the best mythical creatures known to man, so what are you waiting for!!! go read!! DO IT NOW!!

Elizabeth sat in an antique Louis XIV chair, her hands folded neatly in her lap. She kept her head down, refusing to look at her surroundings. They didn't matter, she would be moved again soon. She hadn't stayed in one place for more then a few hours in the last few days. Her long blonde hair was falling in her face, almost hiding her from view. Footsteps sounded behind her but she kept her eye focused on the gingham, dress she had been instructed to wear. She buried her hands in the full skirt and crossed her legs at the ankles. She made herself as small as possible, praying he wouldn't notice her.
"Don't worry baby, we'll be home soon" a deceptively soft voice said behind her. A large, masculine hand came down on her shoulder and she struggled not to flinch. Flinching made him mad. His hand lifted to stroke her hair back from her forehead. "Good, baby. I knew you would learn to accept my touch in time." he continued to stroke her as he spoke, "Very soon, precious baby, we will be home and safe. Soon we can be together forever, no one will ever come between us again."

okay creepy right, but docile is not something that I would do without being forced. More word exercises tomorrow!!

1 comments:

Hailey Edwards said...

Yes to blogging together and creepiness! LMAO! It should be good practice :0)